Length: No more than 10 pages, double spaced, not including the cover and reference pages.
Format ? Follow APA format/Graduate Program standards.
Steps to follows:
1. Complete all of the required readings up to and including this week.
2. Think of a nursing leader from your nursing career who you admire and who you considered to be a â€œgoodâ€ leader.
3. Once you have selected your nursing leader, answer the following questions in paragraph format. Be specific in your answers, using your book to help guide your answers.
? In which leadership domain(s) from your text did this nursing leader work?
? Describe why you selected this nursing leader. What are the qualities and characteristics of the nursing leader that you admire most? Are these qualities and characteristics similar to those that are described in your textbook?
? Which leadership definition(s) from you text is most representative of the nursing leader you have chosen?
? Identify which leadership model from your text best fits the nursing leader.
? How did your nursing leadership demonstrate respect for cultural diversity? (Give examples)
? How did your nursing leader handle controversy in the work setting? (Give examples)
? How did your nursing leader help to increase collaboration between the nursing staff, between the nursing staff and physicians, and other healthcare workers in the unit? (Give examples)
4. Reflect on what you have written. Assess your own leadership qualities and attributes. Think about which leadership domain you aspire to work in and what leadership model you would most likely follow. What leadership definition closely characterizes your leadership style (or the style you aspire to achieve)? Evaluate how you respect cultural diversity. How do you handle controversy in your current work situation? How well do you collaborate with other nurses, physicians and other healthcare workers in your work area?
5. Write up your personal, leadership assessment findings as this is the final page of your writing assignment. You may use the word â€œI? as this is your personal leadership statement.
I urge you to keep your paper and save it so that you can look back at what you have written years from now and see how closely you have come to achieve your early leadership aspirations.
6. If you use other references in addition to the text, please include them in your citations in the written section of the paper as well as in the reference page.
Quality of Content (80 Points)
___/5points: Selected an appropriate nurse as the â€œnurse leaderâ€ for the assignment.
___/22.5 points: Answered the assignment questions correctly, thoroughly and clearly demonstrates understanding of leadership domain (5 points), leadership qualities and characteristices, as compared to those as described in the text, (7.5 points), the definition of leadership (5 points), and the leadership model (5 points).
___/5.5 points: Detailed clearly and thoroughly how nursing leader demonstrated respect for cultural diversity and supported answer(s) with examples)
___/5.5 points: Identified completely how the nursing leader handled controversy in the work setting and supported answer with examples.
___/5.5points: Described clearly and thoroughly how the nursing leader help to increase collaboration between the nursing staff, between the nursing staff and physicians, and other healthcare workers in the unit. Gave examples to support the answer.
___/36 points: Reflection written piece includes a self assessment of studentâ€s leadership qualities and attributes (6pts). Student included the leadership domain that he/she aspires to work in (5pts) and identified what leadership model he/she would most likely follow (5pts). Described the leadership definition that closely characterizes his/her leadership style (or the style student aspires to achieve) (5pts) and described how he/she respects cultural diversity (5pts). Student details how he/she handles controversy in his/her current work situation (5pts). Details how he/she collaborates with other nurses, physicians and other healthcare workers in his/her work area (5pts). Supports all answers with examples.
Quality of writing (20 Points) ??
___/5: Format ? Text meets APA standards? for the MSN, FNP program
___/5: Organization ? Organization of paper demonstrates studentâ€s ability to follow instructions and think critically.
___/5: Precision ? Student uses correct terminology and writes clearly and concisely ??
___/5: Mechanics ? Student spells, constructs sentences, and punctuates correctly?
ORDER YOUR 100% PLAGIARISM FREE CUSTOM PAPER. How did your nursing leadership demonstrate respect for cultural diversity?