Kuwait has confirmed that international travel will resume from August 1, but has said a ban will be imposed on residents returning from seven countries.
In a brief message on Twitter on Wednesday, Kuwait’s Center for Government Communication (CGC), said that citizens and residents of the country can travel to and from Kuwait, except for residents coming from the following countries:
• Sri Lanka
السماح للمواطنين والمقيمين في البلاد من السفر من وإلى دولة الكويت فيما عدا المقيمين القادمين من الدول التالية:• بنعلاديش• الفلبين• الهند• سريلانكا• جمهورية باكستان الإسلامية• الجمهورية الإسلامية الإيرانية• جمهورية النيبال الديمقراطية الاتحادية#CGCKuwait pic.twitter.com/hDZMCiFdxS
— مركز التواصل الحكومي (@CGCKuwait) July 29, 2020
No further details were revealed.
Also read: Kuwait’s draft law on expat quotas to exempt domestic workers, those on government contracts
Kuwait had suspended all commercial flights to and from Kuwait International Airport in mid-March to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Last month, the country announced that it would resume international passenger flights from August 1 in a three-stage plan.
Flights will be operated at 30 per cent capacity during the first phase, it was said at the time.
Read more: Kuwait to restart commercial international passenger flights from August 1
Kuwait to resume flights from Aug 1, bans residents from seven nations including India, Philippines Gulf Business.
Kuwait to resume flights from Aug 1, bans residents from seven nations including India, Philippines Assignment Writing.